Call (904) 731-1919
Nitrous Oxide is a sweet-smelling, non-irritating, colorless gas which you can breathe. It has been the primary means of sedation in dentistry for many years. The patient is able to breathe on their own and remain in control of all bodily functions and may experience mild amnesia or may even fall asleep during the procedure.
There are many advantages to using Nitrous Oxide:
- The depth of sedation can be altered at any time to increase or decrease sedation.
- There is no after effect such as a “hangover.”
- Inhalation sedation is safe with no side effects on your heart and lungs, etc.
- Inhalation sedation is very effective in minimizing gagging.
- It works rapidly as it reaches the brain within 20 seconds. In as little as 2-3 minutes its relaxation and pain killing properties develop.
During your visit, we can discuss these options with you and create your personalized treatment plan for a relaxing and worry free dental care experience.
Whether you require a single filling or are looking for a complete smile makeover, anxiety-free dentistry can help you achieve optimum dental health in the most comfortable way possible.
Who should not use Nitrous Oxide
Patients who have been diagnosed with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and women who are pregnant should not utilize Nitrous Oxide.